Meeting the Demands of the Holiday Season
Strategies to meet the demands of the holiday season 2021
For the holiday season, it is important for businesses to create the right imagery and tone in marketing and communication.
The holiday season is a fantastic opportunity for businesses to connect with customers in a fun way. It is the time to get into the holiday spirit.
With a rapidly evolving marketing landscape, there has been a shift to a more digital world.
Given below are some ways by which the holiday spirit can be injected into traditional marketing strategies.
1) Holiday contests — Holiday contests drive brand awareness and audience engagement without blatantly promoting a brand. It is effective to focus on feelings that fit with a particular holiday; feelings like gratitude, or those involved in giving back or being home for the holidays. Different ideas can be used. Prizes can be given to customers who correctly answer a holiday trivia question or guesses the theme of the newest product or service. Due to inclement weather outside, people spend more time indoors. Contests that are relevant to a holiday or brand help raise online engagement.
2) Virtual holiday cards — Sending a holiday card is one little act of giving that shows that a business cares. It is an excellent way to show customers that their support is valued. It makes a brand appear friendly. A virtual holiday card is another way to show support. A gift can also accompany the card to make customers feel special.
3) Video ads — Video ads can get customers excited about gifting a product or service to their friends and family. According to a study, 84% of customers have been persuaded to buy a product after watching a brand’s video. Businesses can incorporate clips of Christmas music, including holiday-specific messaging. A holiday gift guide video with items recommended as holiday gifts can prove to be useful. Holiday videos can also be about letting customers know that a business is thankful for them.
4) Giving back to charity — Partnering with a charity during the holiday season can cross promote a business and give it access to many new leads and potential revenue. The charity chosen should be one that aligns with the values and niche of a business. For instance, a dry cleaner can volunteer to provide clean clothes for the homeless. A survey can also be conducted to find out what the audience of a business would prefer it to donate to.
5) Holiday-related products — Exclusive holiday-related products can help bring the spirit of the holidays to actual product offerings. Products can be categorized based on personality types, price, and areas of interest.
6) Holiday hashtags — Hashtags raise the visibility of a business on social media platforms. A custom hashtag can be used to bring attention to each update during the holidays, like holiday-themed events or limited edition products. Hashtags should be precise and easy to remember, like #festivalfun. Hashtags do not have to be directly connected to a business, and they can be a fun way to keep customers interested in a social media page during the holiday season.